The winter months often leave us with a bit of excess ‘baggage’. Rather than beat ourselves up about those extra pounds, let’s take these easy steps to cleanse our bodies and whip them back into form prepping it for the fabulous outfits out this Spring:
- DRINK WATER: Water flushes toxins out, keeps our skin hydrated and staves off hunger. If you prefer something more exciting, squeeze some lemon in or make herbal fruit teas!
- MOVE: Increase circulation and your heart rate. Walk, cycle or try some low impact exercise such as Yoga and Pilates to rev up your metabolism.
- EAT RIGHT: Top up on fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Avoid processed and fried foods, artificial additives, alcohol and sugar. Aim for smaller portions and healthier substitutes when eating out!
- SUPPLEMENT: Especially with probiotics and enzymes. These help to break down the food, aid digestion, support our immune system, and further eliminate toxins.
- DE STRESS: Try to keep stress levels to the minimum and aim for 8 hours of sleep every night. Lack of both contribute to unhealthy cravings and also encourage storage of belly fat which is the last thing we want.